From Boyu Zhang <boyuzhan...@gmail.com>
Subject nodes with different memory sizes
Date Fri, 08 Oct 2010 16:17:25 GMT
Dear All,

I am trying to run a memory hungry program in a cluster with 6 nodes, among
the 6 nodes, 2 of them have 32 G memory, and the rest have 16 G memory. I am
wondering is there a way of configuring the cluster so that the process run
in the big nodes have more memory while the process run in the smaller node
use smaller memory.

I have been trying to find parameters I can use in the hadoop configuration
but it seems that the configuration has to be the same in all the nodes. If
this is the case, the best I can do is configure the java process to the
smaller memory. Any help is appreciated, thanks!