From Pramy Bhats <pramybh...@googlemail.com>
Subject Set number Reducer per machines.
Date Tue, 05 Oct 2010 13:40:33 GMT
Hi,

I am trying to run a job on my hadoop cluster, where I get consistently get
heap space error.

I increased the heap-space to 4 GB in hadoop-env.sh and reboot the cluster.
However, I still get the heap space error.

One of things, I want to try is to reduce the number of map / reduce process
per machine. Currently each machine can have 2 maps and 2 reduce process
running.

I want to configure the hadoop to run 1 map and 1 reduce per machine to give
more heap space per process.

How can I configure the number of maps and number of reducer per node ?

thanks in advance,
-- Pramod