From maha <m...@umail.ucsb.edu>
Subject Re: Question on distributed hadoop setup
Date Wed, 13 Oct 2010 15:54:05 GMT
Thanks for the link HTH, that's a great link, but actually  hadoop is in my account, so whether
I accessed 'snoopy' or 'booboo' I can see hadoop installed i. How can I specify that the hadoop
in my account is for one of them and install another for the other computer? is it through
the hadoop.tmp.dir by including 'snoopy.cs.ucsb.edu' and 'booboo.cs.ucsb.edu' as hosts?master
and slave?

    Thanks,
         Maha

On Oct 12, 2010, at 9:04 PM, Medha Atre wrote:

> http://www.michael-noll.com/wiki/Running_Hadoop_On_Ubuntu_Linux_%28Multi-Node_Cluster%29
>
> HTH.
>
> On Tue, Oct 12, 2010 at 6:11 PM, maha <maha@umail.ucsb.edu> wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>>  I'm trying to run Hadoop on two computers out of 12 network-connected computers.
I know only know the 2 computer names ( 'snoopy','booboo') as established by the department
and the host name is "cs.ucsb.edu".