From Asif Jan <Asif....@unige.ch>
Subject Re: Quick question
Date Wed, 06 Oct 2010 19:28:59 GMT
Hi

check if the ports are open outside school network else

you will have to use ssh tunneling if you want to access ports serving
the webpages (as it is more likely that these are not open by default)

try something like

ssh -L50030:hadoop-host-address:50030 ur-username@cluster-head-node

Then open  localhost:50030 to see job-tracker page.

cheers