From "shangan" <shan...@corp.kaixin001.com>
Subject Re: Re: hadoop can't remove logs automatically
Date Mon, 18 Oct 2010 05:29:02 GMT
then you just write a shell to remove the logs periodically as a workaround? or better ideas
?

2010-10-18

shangan

发件人: Allen Wittenauer
发送时间: 2010-10-18  13:23:34
收件人:
抄送:
主题: Re: hadoop can't remove logs automatically

On Oct 17, 2010, at 10:05 PM, shangan wrote:
> hadoop logs keep increasing and not removed automatically according to the logging property.
I didn't change the default logging property but it never works as it should. The default
logging property is as follows, anyone know why or it is a bug not fixed ?

I don't think hadoop.logfile.count is actually tied to anything in the source.  Likely a property
from a bygone era.
__________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version of virus signature database 5540
(20101017) __________
http://www.eset.com