From Konstantin Boudnik <...@yahoo-inc.com>
Subject Re: Why hadoop is written in java?
Date Mon, 11 Oct 2010 15:56:08 GMT
To second your point ;-) Reminds me of times when Sun Micro bought GridEngine
(C-app). Me and a couple other folks were developing Distributed Task execution
Framework (written in Java on top of JINI).

Every time new version of eh... Windows was coming around the corner Grid
people were screaming. Guess how easy it was for us ;)

Cos