From path2727 <path2...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: How to enumerate files in the directories?
Date Tue, 12 Oct 2010 08:22:15 GMT

            Configuration conf = new Configuration(true);
            conf.set( "fs.default.name", "hdfs://<namenode>:<port>");

I noticed that simply adding this line to a few of the previous posts solved
my problems.  I was frustrated because I was trying to use their examples
and it only printed my LOCAL file system.  I was using the examples as java
<program_name> and not via the '$HADOOP_HOME/bin/hadoop jar'. Since i was
trying to execute them in this way, my program wasn't loading the
Configuration object correctly.

Just thought I would add that here since it caused me frustration.