From Matthew John <tmatthewjohn1...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: How to rebuild Hadoop ??
Date Wed, 08 Sep 2010 10:50:01 GMT
 <target name="examples" depends="jar, compile-examples" description="Make
the Hadoop examples jar.">
    <jar jarfile="${build.dir}/${final.name}-examples.jar"
         basedir="${build.examples}">
      <manifest>
        <attribute name="Main-Class"
                   value="org/apache/hadoop/examples/ExampleDriver"/>
      </manifest>
    </jar>
  </target>

this is part of the build.xml which creates the example.jar. Here (what I
understand) its given that it depends on jar which is the hadoop.core.jar. I
have a feeling its still depending on the older version of core.jar and so
its not able to find the classes which are not updated in the older version
of the core.jar. Therefore it gives ClassNotFound.....

I want to make a new Example jar which depends on the new core.jar. Please
guide me on that and let me know if my understanding is wrong.

Thanks,

Matthew John