From John Clarke <clarke...@gmail.com>
Subject problem viewing task logs on ec2 via socks proxy
Date Mon, 20 Sep 2010 16:57:15 GMT

I'm using Hadoop 0.18.3 and I run on EC2 using Cloudera's python scripts.
I'm having trouble viewing the task logs via the socks proxy.

I start the proxy by:
hadoop-ec2 proxy <my_cluster>

I can view the task tracker and namenode pages once I load the .pac file via
the foxyproxy plugin for firefox. However once I drill down into a job and
try to click on the task log links it appears that they dont go through the
proxy and so dont work.

They have the form:

I tried replacing the "domu-12-31-38-00-40-57.compute-1.internal" part with
the proxy IP but it didnt work.

Any ideas how I can view the logs in the browser. I can ssh directly into
the node to see the logs but the web interface is much handier.