From Pavel Gutin <pavelgu...@gmail.com>
Subject My mappers stop responding even though they reach 100%
Date Thu, 09 Sep 2010 18:28:10 GMT
I've been having a problem for the past few weeks. I will kick off a
job that will have a bunch of map tasks. At some point in the job
(sometimes at 1%, sometimes at 40%) the mappers will start reporting
the following error "Task attempt_201009021455_0033_m_000000_0 failed
to report status for 600 seconds. Killing!" The mapper progress will
sit at 100%. Eventually, too many mappers fail, and the job fails.

I have added context.progress(); to the map method, based on some
reading that I've done, but it doesn't help.

I would appreciate any help you can provide me.

Thank you!