From Matt Tanquary <matt.tanqu...@gmail.com>
Subject DisallowedDatanodeException
Date Wed, 08 Sep 2010 15:00:26 GMT
>From 2 nodes, I get the following error when starting the datanodes:

ERROR org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.datanode.DataNode:
org.apache.hadoop.ipc.RemoteException:
org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.protocol.DisallowedDatanodeException:
Datanode denied communication with namenode: dev01:50010

I have verified that I can communicate with the name node from dev01
on port 50010 by doing: telnet dev05 50010.

Interesting though, my namenode is not dev01, it's dev05, the datanode is dev01.

I have the following in the hdfs-site.xml to specify the namenode, and
changing the port does have an effect since that's the port the
namenode is set up with:

<property>
    <name>fs.default.name</name>
    <value>hdfs://dev05.mynet.corp:54310</value>
</property>

Thanks,
Matt