From Leo Alekseyev <dnqu...@gmail.com>
Subject How to change logging from DRFA to RFA? Is it a good idea?
Date Mon, 27 Sep 2010 23:12:09 GMT
We are looking for ways to prevent Hadoop daemon logs from piling up
(over time they can reach several tens of GB and become a nuisance).
Unfortunately, the log4j DRFA class doesn't seem to provide an easy
way to limit the number of files it creates.  I would like to try
switching to RFA with set MaxFileSize and MaxBackupIndex, since it
looks like that's going to solve the log accumulation problem, but I
can't figure out how to change the default logging class for the
daemons.  Can anyone give me some hints on how to do it?

Alternatively, please let me know if there's a better solution to
control log accumulation.

Thanks,
--Leo