From "C.V.Krishnakumar" <cvkrishnaku...@me.com>
Subject Tasks Failing : IOException in TaskRunner (Error Code :134)
Date Fri, 17 Sep 2010 20:32:49 GMT
Hi all,

I am facing a problem with the TaskRunner. I  have a small hadoop cluster in the fully distributed
mode. However when I submit a job, the job never seems to proceed beyond the "map 0% reduce
0%" stage. Soon after I get this error:

java.io.IOException: Task process exit with nonzero status of 134. at org.apache.hadoop.mapred.TaskRunner.run(TaskRunner.java:418)

When I googled this issue, I found this link  http://markmail.org/message/lvefqbcboaqzfazt
 but did not completely understand the issue. The cluster, in this same configuration, was
working fine a few days back. So, I am confused as to what could have changed to cause this
error.

Have any of you faced similar problems too? I would be really grateful if you could let me
know if I am missing something very obvious.

Thanks a lot!

Regards,
Krishna.