From rahul <rmalv...@apple.com>
Subject Re: Number of Mappers Running Simultaneously
Date Fri, 17 Sep 2010 21:12:45 GMT
Hi Allen,

Thank You for your input. Basically I am using Hadoop 0.20.2 along with Pig 0.7.0 so Is it
possible in this scenario and also Please let me know exactly can we allocate more memory
to each mapper.

Thanks,
Rahul

On Sep 17, 2010, at 8:33 AM, Allen Wittenauer wrote:

> On Sep 16, 2010, at 10:54 PM, Amogh Vasekar wrote:
>> If for your job, and you want to control it on a per node basis, one way is to allocate
more memory to each of your mapper so it occupies more than one slot. If a slot is free, a
task will be scheduled on it and that's more or less out of your control, especially so in
pig.