From "Jones, Nick" <nick.jo...@amd.com>
Subject Re: how to revert from a new version to an older one (CDH3)?
Date Tue, 24 Aug 2010 12:36:10 GMT
You may also need to change to the CDH2 repository in the package manager.

Nick
Sent by radiation.

----- Original Message -----
From: Michael Segel <michael_segel@hotmail.com>
To: common-user@hadoop.apache.org <common-user@hadoop.apache.org>
Sent: Tue Aug 24 06:21:30 2010
Subject: RE: how to revert from a new version to an older one (CDH3)?

Not sure if you got your question answered...

You need to delete the current version (via yum) and then specifically re-install the version
you want by specifying the full name including version.

HTH
-Mike

> Date: Mon, 23 Aug 2010 15:00:39 -0700
> From: licht_jiang@yahoo.com
> Subject: how to revert from a new version to an older one (CDH3)?
> To: common-user@hadoop.apache.org
>
> I want to replace a new CDH version 0.20.2+320 with an older one 0.20.2+228.
>
> "yum downgrade" reports that version can only be upgraded. I also didn't find a way to
yum install the older version.

> I guess I can download tar ball of the old version and extract it to where the new version
is installed and overwrite it. But seems not a good solution because it might have negative
impact on upgrading in the future.