From xiujin yang <xiujiny...@hotmail.com>
Subject RE: how to add user identity authentication
Date Fri, 20 Aug 2010 08:51:06 GMT

For 0.20.2, (Which version do you use?)
The UI part only have show function, It can't be admin. (Kill, stop, or so)
Except the fair scheduler can be controlled.

You need to dev module based on Hadoop to realize User identity.

It's not very difficult to add this function.

Xiujin Yang.

> Date: Fri, 20 Aug 2010 10:42:05 +0800
> From: shangan@corp.kaixin001.com
> To: common-user@hadoop.apache.org
> Subject: how to add user identity authentication
>
> I want to use the Web UI administration,like namenode administrator and jobtracker administrator,
but I don't want everyone can use these administration tools for some security and privacy
sake. Can anyone tell me what changes should I make to achieve this ?