From Edward Capriolo <edlinuxg...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Configure Secondary Namenode
Date Mon, 23 Aug 2010 02:30:45 GMT
2010/8/18 xiujin yang <xiujinyang@hotmail.com>:

> Hi Adarsh,
>
> Please check start-dfs.sh
>
> You will find
>
> "$bin"/hadoop-daemon.sh --config $HADOOP_CONF_DIR start namenode $nameStartOpt
> "$bin"/hadoop-daemons.sh --config $HADOOP_CONF_DIR start datanode $dataStartOpt
> "$bin"/hadoop-daemons.sh --config $HADOOP_CONF_DIR --hosts masters start secondarynamenode
>
> Default secondarynamenode is run on "masters".
>
> You can change this shell, such as you can change the last row:
>
> "$bin"/hadoop-daemons.sh --config $HADOOP_CONF_DIR --hosts secondarynamenode start secondarynamenode
>

> Create a file "conf/secondarynamenode"  & list machine name in it.
>

> Best,
>

> Xiujin Yang.
>
>> Date: Wed, 18 Aug 2010 13:08:03 +0530
>> From: adarsh.sharma@orkash.com
>> To: core-user@hadoop.apache.org
>> Subject: Configure Secondary Namenode
>>
>> I am not able to find any command or parameter in core-default.xml to
>> configure secondary namenode on separate machine.
>> I have a 4-node cluster with jobtracker,master,secondary namenode on one
>> machine
>> and remaining 3 are slaves.
>> Can anyone please tell me.
>>
>> Thanks in Advance

dfs.http.address defaults to something like localhost:50070
If you start a secondary name node on a separate machine then your
name node you to set dfs.http.address to the hostname and port of your
namenode, otherwise the secondary name node will not know how to
connect,extract, and report to the name node.