From Andy Liu <andyliu1...@gmail.com>
Subject java.io.IOException: The client is stopped
Date Mon, 09 Aug 2010 16:24:37 GMT
We've created a job that depends on a counter value from a previous job.  So
we have some code that submits a job, and gets the counters after the job
has completed:

                RunningJob job = JobClient.runJob(conf);
                Counters counters = job.getCounters();

However, we're getting this exception in the job.getCounters() call:

java.io.IOException: The client is stopped
    at org.apache.hadoop.ipc.Client.getConnection(Client.java:779)
    at org.apache.hadoop.mapred.$Proxy0.getJobCounters(Unknown Source)
    at
org.apache.hadoop.mapred.JobClient$NetworkedJob.getCounters(JobClient.java:372)
    at x.y.z.run(z.java:111)

Any clues on where to start looking to debug this issue would be much
appreciated.  We are using 0.19.2 in a cluster of 4 machines.

Andy