From Tom White <...@cloudera.com>
Subject Re: Implementing S3FileSystem#append
Date Thu, 12 Aug 2010 17:32:49 GMT
Hi Oleg,

I don't know of any plans to implement this. However, since this is a
block-based storage system which uses S3, I wonder whether an
implementation could use some of the logic in HDFS for block storage
and append in general.

Cheers,
Tom

On Thu, Aug 12, 2010 at 8:34 AM, Aleshko, Oleg
<o.aleshko@itransition.com> wrote:
> Hi!
>
> Is there any plans on implementing append function for S3 file system?
>
> I'm currently considering using it for implementation of "resume upload" functionality.
The other option would be to use EBS, but it looks like an overkill.