From Rares Vernica <rvern...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: DiskChecker$DiskErrorException: Could not find any valid local directory -- lots of free disk space
Date Thu, 12 Aug 2010 20:42:19 GMT
On Thu, Aug 12, 2010 at 10:45 AM, David Rosenstrauch <darose@darose.net> wrote:
> On 08/12/2010 01:42 PM, Rares Vernica wrote:
>> I forgot to mention that in my cluster the HDFS replication is set to
>> 1. I know this is not recommended but I only have 5 nodes in the
>> cluster, there are no failures
> There will be!  :-)

For the size of the cluster I have and the time-frame I am using it, I
am pretty sure there are no hardware failures right now.

It is true that I see the software failing and that restarting the job
fixes the issues, but I was not expecting the software to fail if the
hardware is OK.

View raw message