From Bobby Dennett <bdennett+softw...@gmail.com>
Subject Client can override "final" dfs.replication value
Date Tue, 03 Aug 2010 23:09:33 GMT
We have recently decreased the dfs.replication value on our cluster
from 3 to 2 and see behavior similar to that described in issue
HADOOP-2270 (https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HADOOP-2270?page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels%3Aall-tabpanel).
Even though the parameter dfs.replication has been made "final" at the
cluster level, we are still seeing files being created from jobs &
"put" operations with replication 3.

Based on the issue information (HADOOP-2270), it seems that this bug
has not yet been fixed. We are currently running Cloudera Hadoop
0.20.1+169.68... is there any workaround for this issue?

We plan to change the client configuration but are hoping for a way to
enforce a non-default replication value.

Thanks in advance,
-Bobby