From Bobby Dennett <bdenn...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Enabling LZO compression of map outputs in Cloudera Hadoop 0.20.1
Date Thu, 05 Aug 2010 23:52:39 GMT
Hi Josh,

No real pain points... just trying to investigate/research the "best"
way to create the necessary libraries and jar files to support LZO
compression in Hadoop. In particular, there are the 2 "repositories"
to build from and I am trying to find out if one should be used over
the other. For instance, in your previous posting, you refer to
hadoop-gpl-compression while the Twitter blog post from last year
mentions the Hadoop-LZO project. Briefly looking, it seems Hadoop-LZO
is preferable but we're curious if there are any caveats/gotchas we
should be aware of.

Thanks,
-Bobby