From David Rosenstrauch <dar...@darose.net>
Subject Fwd: Partitioner in Hadoop 0.20
Date Wed, 04 Aug 2010 15:38:13 GMT
Someone sent this email to the commons-user list a while back, but it
seems like it slipped through the cracks.  We're starting to dig into
some hard-core Hadoop development and just came upon this same issue,
though.

Anyone know if there's any particular reason why the new Partitioner
class doesn't implement JobConfigurable?  (And, if not, whether there's
any plans to fix this omission?)  We're working on a somewhat complex
partitioner, and it would be extremely helpful to be able to pass it
some parms via the jobconf.

Thanks,

DR

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Partitioner in Hadoop 0.20
Date: Wed, 30 Jun 2010 00:05:52 -0400
From: Saptarshi Guha <saptarshi.guha@gmail.com>
To: common-user@hadoop.apache.org

Hello,

in hadoop 0.20.2 (current), the Partitioner class does not extend
JobConfigurable (as it did in Hadoop pre 0.19).
Does this mean there isn't a way to set some configurable options for the
partitioner?

http://hadoop.apache.org/common/docs/current/api/org/apache/hadoop/mapreduce/Partitioner.html

(old :
http://hadoop.apache.org/common/docs/current/api/org/apache/hadoop/mapred/Partitioner.html