From Teodor Macicas <teodor.maci...@epfl.ch>
Subject [HADOOP] Terasort for numbers
Date Sun, 01 Aug 2010 21:23:42 GMT
Hi all,

I am using hadoop 0.20.2 and I want to use sort huge amount of data.
I've read about Terasort [from examples], but now it's using 10bytes
char keys.
Changing keys from char to integer wasn't a good solution as Terasort
builds a trie for creating total order partitions. I got stuck when I
tried to change the char trie to a one suitable for number keys.

Then, I've given a try to Sort [also from examples] and it did work for
integer keys, but without a total order partitioning. In the end of the
day, the final result can not be created only by putting together all
reducers' outputs. Each reducer sorts only a subset of data and no
merging is occured between two reducers.

Please can anyone advise me what and how to use in order to sort huge
amount of real numbers ?
Looking forward for your replies.

Thank you.
Best,