From dar...@ontrenet.com
Subject Re: Hadoop and Cloud computing
Date Wed, 11 Aug 2010 15:59:56 GMT
Map/Reduce was designed primarily for parallel batch processing text.
In this respect, its best suited to data sets that are homogenous and can
be divided (mapped) and merged (reduced) without impacting the algorithm
efficacy.

As such, its not well suited to general purpose algorithms or non-uniform
data sets, but rather more for transformative batch processing, in my
opinion.