From "dan.paulus" <dan.pau...@bronto.com>
Subject Backing up HDFS
Date Tue, 03 Aug 2010 13:54:41 GMT

So I am administering a 10+ node hadoop cluster and everything is going
swimmingly.  Unfortunately, some relatively critical data is now being
stored on the cluster and I am being asked to create a backup solution for
hadoop in case of catasrophic failure of the data center, the application
creating data corruption, and ultimately my company wants that warm fuzzy
feeling that only an offsite backup can provide.

So does anyone else actually backup HDFS?  After a quick google and forum
search I found the following link that creates a full backup and then
incremental backups, anyone use this or something similar?

http://blog.rapleaf.com/dev/2009/06/05/backing-up-hadoops-hdfs/
http://blog.rapleaf.com/dev/2009/06/05/backing-up-hadoops-hdfs/

Thanks in advance.