From "y l" <unopten...@gmx.com>
Subject Re: Multiple map-reduce iterations
Date Wed, 18 Aug 2010 20:19:45 GMT
Look into the JobControl class. It does exactly what you need. It manages a set of jobs that
you submit to it, using one JobConf per job.

http://hadoop.apache.org/common/docs/current/api/org/apache/hadoop/mapred/jobcontrol/JobControl.html

----- Original Message -----
From: Erik Test
Sent: 08/18/10 12:40 PM
To: common-user@hadoop.apache.org
Subject: Multiple map-reduce iterations

Hello, I would like to make multiple map-reduce iterations on a job but I'm not sure how to
do this. Would it be possible to run a configured job and then reconfigure the input path
to the previous output path so I could run the same job with new input? I'm new to Hadoop
so this looks like a possible option to me but is there a better way to do this? Thanks in
advance Erik