From Erik Forsberg <forsb...@opera.com>
Subject Changing hostnames of tasktracker/datanode nodes - any problems?
Date Tue, 10 Aug 2010 10:51:48 GMT
Hi!

Due to network reconfigurations, I need to change the hostnames of some
of my worker nodes, i.e. the nodes running tasktracker and datanode. I
need to do this to make my hostname naming schema actually concur with
the network setup.

Are there any problems doing this? It seems HDFS identifies things
using some kind of hostname-independent UID, so I guess it should
recover from one machine going down and then appear again under another
hostname?

Thanks,
\EF
--