From Allen Wittenauer <awittena...@linkedin.com>
Subject Re: decomission a node
Date Tue, 06 Jul 2010 18:06:17 GMT

On Jul 6, 2010, at 8:35 AM, Michael Segel wrote:
> I'm also not sure how dropping a node will test the scalability. You would be testing
resilience.

He's testing scale down, not scale up (which is the way we normally think of things... I was
confused by the wording too).

In other words, "if I drop a node, how much of a performance hit is my job going to take?"

Also, for this type of timing/testing, I'd probably make sure speculative execution is off.
  It will likely throw some curve balls into the time.