From Amogh Vasekar <am...@yahoo-inc.com>
Subject Re: getJobID and job handling
Date Mon, 26 Jul 2010 08:40:03 GMT
Hi,
I see you are using the new APIs, so this should be relevant for you https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/MAPREDUCE-118

As you have noticed, in the old APIs the JobClient could be queried using JobID , which was
returned when the job was submitted. There was a thread in hadoop-dev to discuss un-deprecating
the old APIs (not sure where it ultimately went, you may search around the list though)
In any case, the patch on above jira should fix it.

Amogh