From Aaron Kimball <aa...@cloudera.com>
Subject Re: Partitioned Datasets Map/Reduce
Date Mon, 05 Jul 2010 07:51:44 GMT
One possibility: write out all the partition numbers (one per line) to a
single file, then use the NLineInputFormat to make each line its own map
task. Then in your mapper itself, you will get in a key of "0" or "1" or "2"
etc. Then explicitly open /dataset1/part-(n) and /dataset2/part-(n) in your
mapper.

If you wanted to be more clever, it might be possible to subclass
MultiFileInputFormat to group together both datasets "file-number-wise" when
generating splits, but I don't have specific guidance here.

- Aaron