From Pramy Bhats <pramybh...@googlemail.com>
Subject newly built Jar file
Date Sun, 11 Jul 2010 22:09:42 GMT
Hi,

I recently started playing with hadoop source code, when I compiled the
source code and built a new jar file using the class files in the build
folder.

However, when i tried to run the world count example using the new jar file
-- it gives me the following error. However, i didnt modify the source code
yet and if i run using the original jar file the program works fine.

I'd be grateful, if you could let me know what could be the problem for this
?

Error result

org/apache/hadoop/util/PlatformName
org.apache.hadoop.util.PlatformName
Could not find the main class: org.apache.hadoop.util.PlatformName.  Program
will exit.
org/apache/hadoop/util/RunJar
Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.apache.hadoop.util.RunJar
Could not find the main class: org.apache.hadoop.util.RunJar.  Program will
exit.

thanks in advance,
--PB