From elton sky <eltonsky9...@gmail.com>
Subject problem with rack-awareness
Date Fri, 02 Jul 2010 02:50:26 GMT
hello,

I am trying to separate my 6 nodes onto 2 different racks.
For test purpose, I wrote a bash file which smply returns "rack0" all the
time. And I add property "topology.script.file.name" in core-site.xml.

When I restart by start-dfs.sh, the namenode could not find any datanode at
all. All datanodes are lost somehow. If I remove "topology.script.file.name"
from conf, things back to normal, i.e. all datanodes are under
"default-rack".

I don't why datanode couldn't register to namenode when using rack. Any
ideas?