From Yu Li <car...@gmail.com>
Subject In which configuration file to configure the "fs.inmemory.size.mb" parameter?
Date Thu, 01 Jul 2010 07:42:25 GMT
Hi all,

I looked through the "Cluster Setup" guide under link
http://hadoop.apache.org/common/docs/r0.20.1/cluster_setup.html and
found there's a "fs.inmemory.size.mb" parameter for specifying memory
allocated for the in-memory file-system used to merge map-outputs at
the reduces, and this parameter is set in the "core-site.xml". But
when I checked the "core-default.xml" under path
"$HADOOP_HOME/src/core/", I didn't find the parameter at all, nor
could I find the parameter through JTUI after lauching jobs.
Does anybody know about this parameter? Has it been removed from
release 0.20.X? If it hasn't been removed, how could I set the
parameter besides using the -D option? Thanks in advance.

Best Regards,
Carp