From Tonci Buljan <tonci.bul...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Terasort problem
Date Sat, 10 Jul 2010 11:29:44 GMT
Thank you for your response Owen. It is true, I haven't done that, figured
that few hours after posting here.

I'm having problems with understanding these variables:

mapred.tasktracker.reduce.tasks.maximum <- Is this configured on every
datanode separately? What number shall I put here?

mapred.tasktracker.map.tasks.maximum <- same question  as
mapred.tasktracker.reduce.tasks.maximum

mapred.reduce.tasks <- Is this configured ONLY on Namenode and what value
should it have for my 8 node cluster?

mapred.map.tasks <- same question as mapred.reduce.tasks

I've tried playing with these variables but getting error:"Too many
fetch-failures..."

Please, if anyone have any idea how to setup this the right way.

Thank you.