From elton sky <eltonsky9...@gmail.com>
Subject NotificationTestCase -- "Child"s still running after return
Date Wed, 07 Jul 2010 08:47:22 GMT
hello all,

I was running a test in hadoop source code,
test/org/apache/hadoop/mapred/NotificationTestCase.java. I ran it with
TestClusterMRNotification.

In my driver main() function:
"
TestClusterMRNotification t = new TestClusterMRNotification();
t.setUp();

t.testMR();

t.tearDown();

"
This program works fine. The problem is after it returns, I type "jps" and
there's still 2 "Child" are running:
"
eltonsky@xxxxx:/home/$ jps
26710 Child
26695 Child
6319 NameNode
26323 RunJar
6436 DataNode
26986 Jps
5306 JobTracker
1981 RunJar
5410 TaskTracker
"
After some dig in, I found these "Child"s are from the "runJobKill", in
which its map funciton uses "Thread.sleep(1000000);". Although the job is
killed by "job.killJob();", these "Child" are still running until
"Thread.sleep(1000000);" finishes.

Is this a bug for "job.killJob();"?