From 杨杰 <xtyang...@gmail.com>
Subject How to make Hadoop listen on multiple network interfaces ?
Date Fri, 30 Jul 2010 06:57:56 GMT
Hi, everyone,

We are now trying building a hadoop cluster. Every node (namenode and
datanodes) in the cluster has two interfaces: eth0 connects to a inner lan
which only serves for applications within the lan, while eth1 connects to a
public network.

eth0: 10.0.0.0/16
eth1: 192.168.4.0/24

After starting hadoop, we found it only listening on the interface which IP
address is associated to the hostname in the file core-site.xml. As a
result, we want to make it listen on both the two interfaces.

Anyone could give some help ? Thank you !

--
Yang Jie(杨杰)
hi.baidu.com/thinkdifferent

Group of CLOUD, Xi'an Jiaotong University
Department of Computer Science and Technology, Xi’an Jiaotong University

PHONE: 86 1346888 3723
TEL: 86 29 82665263 EXT. 608
MSN: xtyangjie2004@yahoo.com.cn

once i didn't know software is not free, but found it days later; now i
realize that it's indeed free.