From Ken Krugler <kkrugler_li...@transpac.com>
Subject FAQ for "New to Hadoop"
Date Thu, 08 Jul 2010 21:35:54 GMT
Hi all,

I recently hosted an "Intro to Hadoop" session at the BigDataCamp
unconference last week. I later wrote down questions from the audience
that seemed useful to other Hadoop beginners, and the compared this to
the Hadoop project FAQ at http://wiki.apache.org/hadoop/FAQ

There was overlap, but not as much as I expected - the Hadoop FAQ has
more "how do I do X" versus "can I do X" or "why should I do X".

I posted these questions to http://www.scaleunlimited.com/blog/intro-to-hadoop-at-bigdatacamp

  , and would appreciate any input - e.g. questions you think should
be there, answers you think aren't very clear (though mea culpa in
advance, I jotted these down quickly so I realize they're pretty rough).

Thanks,

-- Ken

Ken Krugler
+1 530-210-6378