From Moritz Krog <moritzk...@googlemail.com>
Subject Single Node with multiple mappers?
Date Fri, 16 Jul 2010 09:03:19 GMT
Hi everyone,

I was curious if there is any option to use Hadoop in single node mode
in a way, that enables the process to use more system ressources.
Right now, Hadoop uses one mapper and one reducer, leaving my i7 with
about 20% CPU usage (1 core for Hadoop, .5 cores for my OS) basically
idling.
Raising the number of map tasks doesn't seem to do much, as this
parameter seems to more of a hint anyway. Still, I have lots of CPU
time and RAM left. Any hints on how to use them?

thanks in advance,
Moritz