From Michael Sutter <Michael.Sut...@kit.edu>
Subject Re: Starting a job on a hadoop cluster remotly
Date Wed, 28 Jul 2010 16:42:39 GMT

  Hey,

yes it is possible. I'm doing it exactly this way for my implementation
from a remote client.

Implement it like this:
conf.set("hadoop.job.ugi", "user, group");
conf.set("namenode.host", somehost.somedomain);
conf.set("jobtracker.host", somehost.somedomain);
conf.set("mapred.job.tracker", somehost.somedomain:someport);
conf.set("fs.default.name", hdfs://somehost.somedomain:someport);
Job job = new Job(conf, jobname);
job.setJarByClass(...);

Cheers
Michael