From "Some Body" <someb...@squareplanet.de>
Subject WARN util.NativeCodeLoader: Unable to load native-hadoop library
Date Tue, 13 Jul 2010 14:17:48 GMT
When I run "hadoop fs –text <my-sequence-file>" I getthis WARNING:
    hadoop fs -text/data/seq/metrics.seq
    10/07/13 06:57:25WARN util.NativeCodeLoader: Unable to load native-hadoop library for
yourplatform... using builtin-java classes where applicable
    10/07/13 06:57:25INFO compress.CodecPool: Got brand-new decompressor
Same thing if I try this:
    hadoop fs -Djava.library.path=/opt/hadoop/lib/native/Linux-amd64-64 -text/data/seq/metrics.seq

I followed the steps from the native library guide

1. put the OS's libz libs in
      [root@namenode]# pwd
     /opt/hadoop/lib/native

      [root@namenode]# find . -name '*libz*'
     ./Linux-amd64-64/libz.so.1
     ./Linux-amd64-64/libz.so.1.2.1.2
     ./Linux-amd64-64/libz.so
     ./Linux-i386-32/libz.so.1
     ./Linux-i386-32/libz.so.1.2.1.2
     ./Linux-i386-32/libz.so

2. I restarted my cluster but I don’t see any mention of “NativeCode”in the log files
     [root@namenode]# grep -l -iNativeCode /opt/hadoop/logs/hadoop-root-*

When is “ps –ef |grep java “ I can see that the processesare all using the correct java.library.path

Any ideas?