From Christian Baun <c...@unix-ag.uni-kl.de>
Subject Re: iozone is not working with HDFS over libfuse
Date Wed, 07 Jul 2010 07:56:38 GMT
Hi Brian,

I wanted to test HDFS against several distributed filesystems.

Do you know any popular performance benchmarks that run with HDFS?

Best Regards,
   Christian

Am Dienstag, 6. Juli 2010 schrieb Allen Wittenauer:

> On Jul 6, 2010, at 11:56 AM, Brian Bockelman wrote:
> > HDFS does not support the full set of POSIX semantics.  I suspect bonnie++ is exercising
things which HDFS doesn't support (such as writes to a file which is already closed or seeks
during writes).

> 	In fact, I think the last time this came up a year or two ago, the stack trace showed
that iozone was blowing up on a call to truncate(), which is definitely not supported.