From Jaydeep Ayachit <jaydeep_ayac...@persistent.co.in>
Subject RE: Using wget to download file from HDFS
Date Tue, 15 Jun 2010 16:30:14 GMT
Thanks, data node may not be known. Is it possible to direct url to namenode and namenode handling
streaming by fetching data from various data nodes?

Regards
Jaydeep

-----Original Message-----
From: Harsh J [mailto:qwertymaniac@gmail.com]
Sent: Tuesday, June 15, 2010 9:38 PM
To: common-user@hadoop.apache.org
Subject: Re: Using wget to download file from HDFS

Sure you can. A http download option is also provided in the DataNode
web-interface (def-port:50075).

Use the "streamFile" feature of the same. An example follows.

If I have a file called 'results' lying as /user/hadoop/results, I'll do:
wget http://hostname.top.dom:50075/streamFile?filename=/user/hadoop/results
-O results

This will get me the file data in the wget-local file 'results'

On Tue, Jun 15, 2010 at 7:12 PM, Jaydeep Ayachit
<jaydeep_ayachit@persistent.co.in> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> HDFS supports http read-only access to filesystem. Is it possible to use wget to download
file using some url like
> http://<namenode>:<web<http://%3cnamenode%3e:%3cweb> gui port>/..
>
> Thanks
> Jaydeep
>

> DISCLAIMER
of Persistent Systems Ltd. It is intended only for the use of the individual or entity to
which it is addressed. If you are not the intended recipient, you are not authorized to read,
retain, copy, print, distribute or use this message. If you have received this communication

Harsh J
www.harshj.com

DISCLAIMER
any liability for virus infected mails.