From Amogh Vasekar <am...@yahoo-inc.com>
Subject Re: hadoop streaming on Amazon EC2
Date Wed, 02 Jun 2010 08:56:17 GMT
Hi,
Depending on what hadoop version ( 0.18.3??? ) EC2 uses, you can try one of the following

1. Compile the streaming jar files with your own custom classes and run on ec2 using this
custom jar ( should work for 18.3 . Make sure you pick compatible streaming classes )

2. Jar up your classes and specify them as -libjars option on command line, and specify the
custom input and output formats as you have on your local machine ( should work for >19.0
)

I have never worked on EC2, so not sure if any easier solution exists.

Amogh