From Sugandha Naolekar <sugandha....@gmail.com>
Subject Hadoop code execution!!
Date Sat, 12 Jun 2010 06:57:25 GMT
Hello!!

    I have developed a GUI in JAVA using Swings!! Now, I want to perform
simple HDFS operations such as, data transfer and retrieval of the same.
These all operations I want  to perform on the button click. So, I have
written a simple code, in which I have used FileSystem API and invoked
corresponding methods.

    Now, to execute this code, will I have to build a jar?? Also, If I dont
build a Jar of the entire code, but, simply run it on the click event of a
button, will the HDFS operations be performed. Remember, I dont want to
perform LocalFS tasks but the object of HDFS should get initialized. For
that,  creation of Configuration class 's object will be suffice??

Regards!
Sugandha!!