From stan lee <lee.stan...@gmail.com>
Subject How to create a temporary HDFS file system using Java?
Date Wed, 09 Jun 2010 08:48:27 GMT
Hi Experts,

Although HDFS file system has exposed some APIs which can be used to create
directory, file, read and write data, can you tell me that whether there is
any API exposed to be used to create an HDFS file system in Java programe?

For example, I have two machines, one is namenode, the other one is
datanode, before using HDFS API to create/delete dir and read/write data
into distributed system, how can I create a tempory HDFS file system under
/home/stan/hdfs using Java? Is there any API or example to do this?

Thanks!
Stan