From elton sky <eltonsky9...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Problem with calling FSDataOutputStream.sycn() ~
Date Sun, 27 Jun 2010 12:44:05 GMT
Hey Ted,

>The line numbers don't match those from hadoop 0.20.2
>What version are you using ?

I am using 0.20.2. I add some extra LOG or print lines in between which
makes the line number different from usual~ But my modification are just
print out for debugging this problem.

>I don't see how conf is constructed, please show us what this line showed
>> getClass().getName());

I got "DistributedFileSystem". I printed this out to ensure I got hdfs
rather than local. And my conf is simply:

I can see the problem is from

 private INodeFileUnderConstruction checkLease(String src, String holder)
                                                      throws IOException {
    INodeFile file = dir.getFileINode(src); // *This line*
    checkLease(src, holder, file);
    return (INodeFileUnderConstruction)file;

dir.getFileINode(src) should return me a INodeFileUnderConstruction rather
than INodeFile, otherwise I ll get exception in checkLease(src, holder,

But how can this happen?