From Alexandros Konstantinakis - Karmis <aeol...@ece.ntua.gr>
Subject Profiling hadoop application/MultipleOutputs
Date Fri, 04 Jun 2010 11:30:21 GMT
Hello everyone.

i just have a couple of short questions. I am using the new API.

a) i need to profile my application. I am aware of the setProfileEnabled
method in JobConf, has this been ported to the new API yet?

I have used PerfAnal in the past with great success for non-hadoop java
applications. Is it possible to use that to read the profile data?

b) I need to output 1 file per reducer. I understand this is possible
with multipleOutputs or MultiOutputFormat, neither of which has been
ported to the new API. Is my best choice to use this patch
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/MAPREDUCE-370 ?

thanks in advance