From Raymond Jennings III <raymondj...@yahoo.com>
Subject Getting zero length files on the reduce output.
Date Wed, 02 Jun 2010 19:52:31 GMT
I have a cluster of 12 slave nodes.  I see that for some jobs the part-r-00000 type files,
half of them are zero in size after the job completes.  Does this mean the hash function that
splits the data to each reducer node is not working all that well?  On other jobs it's pretty
much even across all reducers but on certain jobs only half of the reducers have files bigger
than 0.  It is reproducible though.  Can I change this hash function in anyway?  Thanks.