hadoop-common-user mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Khaled BEN BAHRI <Khaled.Ben_ba...@it-sudparis.eu>
Subject RE: Starting namenode
Date Thu, 03 Jun 2010 08:13:43 GMT
Hello ,

after killing process on port 9000 and trying to start namenode with  
start-dfs.sh the error message is :
i send you also the core site.xml in the attachment



2010-06-03 10:06:37,542 INFO  
org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.namenode.NameNode: STARTUP_MSG:
/************************************************************
STARTUP_MSG: Starting NameNode
STARTUP_MSG:   host = node004/x.x.x.x
STARTUP_MSG:   args = []
STARTUP_MSG:   version = 0.20.2
STARTUP_MSG:   build =  
https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/hadoop/common/branches/branch-0.20 -r  
911707; compiled by 'chrisdo' on Fri Feb 19 08:07:34 UTC 2010
************************************************************/
2010-06-03 10:06:37,633 INFO org.apache.hadoop.ipc.metrics.RpcMetrics:  
Initializing RPC Metrics with hostName=NameNode, port=9000
2010-06-03 10:06:37,639 INFO  
org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.namenode.NameNode: Namenode up at:  
node004.ib.cluster/x.x.x.x:9000
2010-06-03 10:06:37,641 INFO org.apache.hadoop.metrics.jvm.JvmMetrics:  
Initializing JVM Metrics with processName=NameNode, sessionId=null
2010-06-03 10:06:37,644 INFO  
org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.namenode.metrics.NameNodeMetrics:  
Initializing NameNodeMeterics using context  
object:org.apache.hadoop.metrics.spi.NullContext
2010-06-03 10:06:37,691 INFO  
org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.namenode.FSNamesystem:  
fsOwner=khaled-b,khaled-b
2010-06-03 10:06:37,691 INFO  
org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.namenode.FSNamesystem:  
supergroup=supergroup
2010-06-03 10:06:37,691 INFO  
org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.namenode.FSNamesystem:  
isPermissionEnabled=true
2010-06-03 10:06:37,698 INFO  
org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.namenode.metrics.FSNamesystemMetrics:  
Initializing FSNamesystemMetrics using context  
object:org.apache.hadoop.metrics.spi.NullContext
2010-06-03 10:06:37,699 INFO  
org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.namenode.FSNamesystem: Registered  
FSNamesystemStatusMBean
2010-06-03 10:06:37,728 INFO  
org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.common.Storage: Number of files = 1
2010-06-03 10:06:37,732 INFO  
org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.common.Storage: Number of files under  
construction = 0
2010-06-03 10:06:37,732 INFO  
org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.common.Storage: Image file of size 98  
loaded in 0 seconds.
2010-06-03 10:06:37,732 INFO  
org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.common.Storage: Edits file  
/usr/local/hadoop-0.20.2/namespace/current/edits of size 4 edits # 0  
loaded in 0 seconds.
2010-06-03 10:06:37,736 INFO  
org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.common.Storage: Image file of size 98  
saved in 0 seconds.
2010-06-03 10:06:37,747 INFO  
org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.namenode.FSNamesystem: Finished loading  
FSImage in 77 msecs
2010-06-03 10:06:37,748 INFO  
org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.namenode.FSNamesystem: Total number of  
blocks = 0
2010-06-03 10:06:37,748 INFO  
org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.namenode.FSNamesystem: Number of invalid  
blocks = 0
2010-06-03 10:06:37,748 INFO  
org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.namenode.FSNamesystem: Number of  
under-replicated blocks = 0
2010-06-03 10:06:37,748 INFO  
org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.namenode.FSNamesystem: Number of   
over-replicated blocks = 0
2010-06-03 10:06:37,748 INFO org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.StateChange:  
STATE* Leaving safe mode after 0 secs.
2010-06-03 10:06:37,748 INFO org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.StateChange:  
STATE* Network topology has 0 racks and 0 datanodes
2010-06-03 10:06:37,749 INFO org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.StateChange:  
STATE* UnderReplicatedBlocks has 0 blocks
2010-06-03 10:06:37,843 INFO org.mortbay.log: Logging to  
org.slf4j.impl.Log4jLoggerAdapter(org.mortbay.log) via  
org.mortbay.log.Slf4jLog
2010-06-03 10:06:37,893 INFO org.apache.hadoop.http.HttpServer: Port  
returned by webServer.getConnectors()[0].getLocalPort() before open()  
is -1. Opening the listener on 50070
2010-06-03 10:06:37,894 WARN  
org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.namenode.FSNamesystem:  
ReplicationMonitor thread received  
InterruptedException.java.lang.InterruptedException: sleep interrupted
2010-06-03 10:06:37,894 INFO  
org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.namenode.FSNamesystem: Number of  
transactions: 0 Total time for transactions(ms): 0Number of  
transactions batched in Syncs: 0 Number of syncs: 0 SyncTimes(ms): 0
2010-06-03 10:06:37,895 INFO  
org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.namenode.DecommissionManager:  
Interrupted Monitor
java.lang.InterruptedException: sleep interrupted
         at java.lang.Thread.sleep(Native Method)
         at  
org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.namenode.DecommissionManager$Monitor.run(DecommissionManager.java:65)
         at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:619)
2010-06-03 10:06:37,896 INFO org.apache.hadoop.ipc.Server: Stopping  
server on 9000
2010-06-03 10:06:37,897 ERROR  
org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.namenode.NameNode:  
java.net.BindException: Address already in use
         at sun.nio.ch.Net.bind(Native Method)
         at  
sun.nio.ch.ServerSocketChannelImpl.bind(ServerSocketChannelImpl.java:119)
         at sun.nio.ch.ServerSocketAdaptor.bind(ServerSocketAdaptor.java:59)
         at  
org.mortbay.jetty.nio.SelectChannelConnector.open(SelectChannelConnector.java:216)
         at org.apache.hadoop.http.HttpServer.start(HttpServer.java:425)
         at  
org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.namenode.NameNode.startHttpServer(NameNode.java:246)
         at  
org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.namenode.NameNode.initialize(NameNode.java:202)
         at  
org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.namenode.NameNode.<init>(NameNode.java:279)
         at  
org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.namenode.NameNode.createNameNode(NameNode.java:956)
         at  
org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.namenode.NameNode.main(NameNode.java:965)

2010-06-03 10:06:37,897 INFO  
org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.namenode.NameNode: SHUTDOWN_MSG:
/************************************************************
SHUTDOWN_MSG: Shutting down NameNode at node004/x.x.x.x
************************************************************/


Thanks a lot
khaled

Quoting Sagar Shukla <sagar_shukla@persistent.co.in>:

> Hi Khaled,
>       After killing zombie hadoop process on port 9000, and trying   
> to start namenode will throw different error message in   
> log/hadoop-hadoop-namenode.log . This will give more detailed   
> information on why namenode startup is failing.
>
> Can you follow the same process again and paste the error message ?
>
> Thanks,
> Sagar
>
> -----Original Message-----
> From: Khaled BEN BAHRI [mailto:Khaled.Ben_bahri@it-sudparis.eu]
> Sent: Wednesday, June 02, 2010 8:37 PM
> To: common-user@hadoop.apache.org
> Subject: RE: Starting namenode
>
> Hi
>
> The problem still persist the namenode don't start and gives the same error
>
> Thanks for help
> khaled
>
> Quoting Sagar Shukla <sagar_shukla@persistent.co.in>:
>
>> Error " Address already in use" indicates that there is already a
>> process running on port 9000, because of which this service is
>> unable to start.
>>
>> Looks like previously shutdown of namenode process was not clean
>> because of which this process is already running. Not allowing new
>> process to start.
>>
>> You can kill previous process using command
>> # fuser -k 9000/tcp
>>
>> And then trying to start namenode should work.
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Sagar
>>
>> -----Original Message-----
>> From: Khaled BEN BAHRI [mailto:Khaled.Ben_bahri@it-sudparis.eu]
>> Sent: Wednesday, June 02, 2010 6:52 PM
>> To: common-user@hadoop.apache.org
>> Subject: RE: Starting namenode
>>
>> Hi,
>> When i started the namenode that gives these errors in logs file :
>> when i want to enter in the safe mode it also fail and gives that it
>> can't connect to server
>>
>> org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.namenode.DecommissionManager:
>> Interrupted Monitor
>> java.lang.InterruptedException: sleep interrupted
>>          at java.lang.Thread.sleep(Native Method)
>>          at
>> org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.namenode.DecommissionManager$Monitor.run(DecommissionManager.java:65)
>>          at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:619)
>> 2010-06-02 14:13:21,079 INFO org.apache.hadoop.ipc.Server: Stopping
>> server on 9000
>> 2010-06-02 14:13:21,079 ERROR
>> org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.namenode.NameNode:
>> java.net.BindException: Address already in use
>>          at sun.nio.ch.Net.bind(Native Method)
>>          at
>> sun.nio.ch.ServerSocketChannelImpl.bind(ServerSocketChannelImpl.java:119)
>>          at sun.nio.ch.ServerSocketAdaptor.bind(ServerSocketAdaptor.java:59)
>>          at
>> org.mortbay.jetty.nio.SelectChannelConnector.open(SelectChannelConnector.java:216)
>>          at org.apache.hadoop.http.HttpServer.start(HttpServer.java:425)
>>          at
>> org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.namenode.NameNode.startHttpServer(NameNode.java:246)
>>          at
>> org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.namenode.NameNode.initialize(NameNode.java:202)
>>          at
>> org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.namenode.NameNode.<init>(NameNode.java:279)
>>          at
>> org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.namenode.NameNode.createNameNode(NameNode.java:956)
>>          at
>> org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.namenode.NameNode.main(NameNode.java:965)
>>
>>
>>
>> Thanks in advance
>>     Khaled
>>
>>
>> Quoting Sagar Shukla <sagar_shukla@persistent.co.in>:
>>
>>> Hi Khaled,
>>>       Errors are usually thrown in logs/hadoop-hadoop-namenode.log
>>> file. Please check for the causes of why namenode startup failed.
>>>
>>> If you face problems debugging, you can post it here and we can help
>>>  you debug.
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>> Sagar
>>>
>>> -----Original Message-----
>>> From: Khaled BEN BAHRI [mailto:Khaled.Ben_bahri@it-sudparis.eu]
>>> Sent: Wednesday, June 02, 2010 5:49 PM
>>> To: common-user@hadoop.apache.org
>>> Subject: Starting namenode
>>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> When i started hadoop daemons with start-dfs.sh
>>> the namenode fail to run
>>>
>>> only the secondarynamenode and the datanode run
>>> what is the problem here and how can i run the namenode??
>>>
>>> thanks a lot for any help :)
>>>
>>> khaled
>>>
>>>
>>> DISCLAIMER
>>> ==========
>>> This e-mail may contain privileged and confidential information
>>> which is the property of Persistent Systems Ltd. It is intended only
>>>  for the use of the individual or entity to which it is addressed.
>>> If  you are not the intended recipient, you are not authorized to
>>> read,  retain, copy, print, distribute or use this message. If you
>>> have  received this communication in error, please notify the sender
>>> and  delete all copies of this message. Persistent Systems Ltd. does
>>> not  accept any liability for virus infected mails.
>>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>> DISCLAIMER
>> ==========
>> This e-mail may contain privileged and confidential information
>> which is the property of Persistent Systems Ltd. It is intended only
>>  for the use of the individual or entity to which it is addressed.
>> If  you are not the intended recipient, you are not authorized to
>> read,  retain, copy, print, distribute or use this message. If you
>> have  received this communication in error, please notify the sender
>> and  delete all copies of this message. Persistent Systems Ltd. does
>> not  accept any liability for virus infected mails.
>>
>
>
>
>
> DISCLAIMER
> ==========
> This e-mail may contain privileged and confidential information   
> which is the property of Persistent Systems Ltd. It is intended only  
>  for the use of the individual or entity to which it is addressed.  
> If  you are not the intended recipient, you are not authorized to  
> read,  retain, copy, print, distribute or use this message. If you  
> have  received this communication in error, please notify the sender  
> and  delete all copies of this message. Persistent Systems Ltd. does  
> not  accept any liability for virus infected mails.
>



Mime
View raw message